Protecting your home from Northern Colorado’s extreme weather conditions can sometimes be a challenge. Summer’s baking heat, near gale force winds, hail the size of golf balls, snow piling high, rain barreling down in torrents, etc. And that’s not even mentioning one of the main hazards for Coloradoans who live in the Rocky Mountains: the annual threat of wildfires during the usually dry summer months.
These elements can cause major headaches if you have the wrong siding. For Northern Colorado, siding that can be easily dented, blown loose, go up in flames, or even melt in a fire. Even the sun can wreak havoc on the painted finish of some sidings, requiring much more maintenance that you’d prefer to keep it looking vibrant and new.
Fiber cement siding solves a multitude of environmental and climate related problems. It is truly the perfect choice for Colorado homeowners looking to upgrade their siding to one that is actually engineered for our tough weather.
If you live in Northern Colorado, siding is a big investment and you want to make sure you choose the best one for your home. Fiber cement siding protects your home in a number of different ways:
1. As an insulation, it is outstanding, adding a layer of protection to your home that will keep your more comfortable all year round.
2. Fiber cement siding is non-flammable. In case of a fire, it will not burn, and it will not add any fuel to that fire.
3. Fiber cement siding is so durable, with the correct installation it can withstand the winds in a category 4 hurricane. So Colorado’s many wild gusts will have no real effect on it.
4. Fiber cement is also impervious to the crazy hailstorms common on the Front Range. Quarter size hail? Golf ball size hail? It won’t so much as make a dent.
5. And speaking of impervious, fiber cement siding is appealing to us humans, but completely unappealing to the likes of termites or pesky, damaging birds like woodpeckers.
6. Fiber cement siding even protects our natural resources, because it is a “green” product made from sustainable materials.
All in all, top construction industry experts say that when it comes to Northern Colorado siding, adding fiber cement siding to your home is one of the top home improvement investments you can possibly make. It routinely provides more return on investment than even adding another bathroom to your home.
Here at Colorado Siding, all of our experience has shown us what a truly high-quality product fiber cement siding is. We carry the James Hardie product, which comes in beautiful styles and colors, uses their patented ColorPlus baked on finish, and does indeed protect your home from the vagaries of Mother Nature here in Colorado.
If you are in the market to add new Northern Colorado siding to your home, why not contact us today for more information about the benefits of fiber cement, and receive your free quote?