When you think of traditional siding, you might think of the old natural wood planks, or cedar shingles that used to be on almost every house around. Today siding isn’t built the same, and with good reason.
The benefits of James Hardie siding over traditional siding are so many that it’s almost not even fair to make a comparison. Sorry wood! Or maybe not so sorry, since one of the James Hardie benefits is that their fiber cement siding is made from renewable and recycled resources.
Let’s take a closer look at James Hardie’s fiber cement siding as it compares to the old fashioned wood type of siding.
1. James Hardie siding is non-flammable. Obviously, wood is at high risk of burning to ashes in a fire. But the fact that this new product (fiber cement has been on the market around twenty five years.) doesn’t burn can give Colorado residents in areas at risk of forest fires great peace of mind. It will not prevent a forest fire from getting into your home, but it certainly will not add any fuel to the fire. James Hardie siding is endorsed by firefighters nationwide.
2. Another James Hardie benefit is that the material is unappetizing to woodpeckers or termites.
3. Let’s talk maintenance. If you have ever had a home with wood or cedar shingle siding, you know how quickly it can look worn or faded. You know how much time and money you’ve spent painting it, to keep your home looking great. With James Hardie siding, you can get the look of wood, the look of cedar, but the color is baked in using their proprietary ColorPlus technology. This ensures your home will look fantastic for many more years than with wood shingles, with no painting needed for up to fifteen long maintenance free years.
4. Wood siding in under siege from the elements in Colorado’s harsh climate. It dries out fairly quickly, or rots in a rainier year, and it splits and warps and crack. Another benefit of James Hardie siding is that it does none of the above. It is “engineered for climate” meaning it is actually constructed to take anything Colorado weather can throw at it, without damage or wear. Hail? No problem. Gusting gale-force winds? If properly installed, this siding will resist up to Category five gusts!
5. The last but far from the least James Hardie benefit is ROI! Studies have shown siding your home with James Hardie provides a greater return on investment than even the addition of another bathroom.
So if you are in the market for new siding and you want the most durable, most maintenance free, most beautiful product on the market, why not give us a call today!